In April, Microsoft released a preview of a framework for Windows Store apps that would convert .NET assemblies into the compiled native binaries of the target architecture (x64/ARM for now) in order for application optimization. This tool was named, .NET Native.

To those who are used to grabbing their packaged .XAP file from the Debug/Release directory, things have change with Windows Phone 8.1 (non-silverlight) apps. Instead, we are presented with two ways to create appx packages. This thread will focus on how to use the command line tools rather than use the Visual Studio

This post will be updated with everything that I’ve seen throughout the Windows Phone 8.1 update process. I tried to take a few screenshots of the processes

As I explained in my previous post, IE 11 doesn’t work out of the box with SharePoint 2013. It seems that my excitement was short lived with the “fix” from the previous post. I didn’t realize that although I took my domain out of Compatibility View, I still happened to have “Display Intranet sites in compatibility view” checked. I found this out from a co-worker as I had to deal with another IE 11 issue. This news bummed me out and led me to a few failed attempts at addressing this issue (writing an HTTPModule and trying to use reflection in order to change the user agent from the request, modifying the navigator object in JavaScript to change the getter method for the userAgent). Luckily, my fix doesn’t mean I necessarily have to throw my changes away from the previous post.

As many of you have noticed, IE11 just doesn’t work correctly with SharePoint 2013:

  • Edit Page doesn’t place the page in Edit mode (especially on custom page layouts)
  • If you do happen to use a built-in page layout, any webparts added are unable to be customized
  • The calendar view doesn’t look right
  • The calendar overlay button on the calendar view is disabled

I’ve wondered why Microsoft failed to include IE11 browser support even after SharePoint 2013 SP1, but rather than sit and wonder I decided to take action.

I’ve recently encountered a bit of frustration when dealing with the people picker and publishing workflow in IE 10/11. I decided to dig around and find what was causing such issues (other than Microsoft failing to make SharePoint 2010’s IE compatibility future-proof). First thing I tried was setting the document emulation to IE9 and that worked for the workflow issue, but failed for the people picker dialog. Through trial and error, I’ve determined that IE8 emulation is what’s needed for the people picker dialog to work. How do I put this all together without putting the ENTIRE domain in compatibility view? The X-UA-Compatible header is the answer.

Within the past few days, Microsoft has been rolling out the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK to certain individuals. The SDK happened to be leaked also within this time period which led to the discovery of more features. The features that have been shown are really nice, but that’s not the end of it. With the help of my friend @jessenic, we present even more new features to look out for:

During a long day of coding at work, I’ve been presented with a dilemma while writing code to execute JavaScript CSOM from a JSLink in a CustomAction. The code only executed if the page request was fresh from the address bar or refreshed, but didn’t when I clicked on a link to another page.